Keyword Research: Necessity or Nuisance?
- How are people searching for the products and services you offer?
- What is the competition like for sellers in your industry?
- Are they even searching for your product or service?
In order to know how to reach your target audience, you will need to get your hands dirty and do a little digging around.
Keyword Research and the Health of Your SEO Campaign
Keyword research is the investigation of various keywords and phrases that businesses and consumers use to search the internet. Search Engine Optimizers use this information to help decide the best keyterms to target, which will then enable them to gain higher rankings in search results, leading to higher conversion rates across the board.
I like to think of keyword research as being the foundation of any successful SEO campaign. When researching different keyterms that you may choose to include in your campaign, it is important to look at numerous metrics to help decide which keyterms will help you reach your goal(s). If you aren’t aware of the way that people are searching for the products and services you are offering, how are you ever going to reach that target audience? Good, solid keyword research is a must in the development of a successful SEO campaign.
A few things to look at (including but definitely not limited to):
- Keywords: Which keywords are people using to search for your product?
- Global and Local Search Volume: How many people are searching for what you’re offering?
- Cost-Per-Click Data: How much are people willing to pay to advertise for specific keywords?
- Level of Competition: How hard is it going to be for you to obtain top rankings in SERPs?
A couple of tools available to help with your keyword research:
- Google Adwords
- Search Engines:
Whether you’re a company just getting off the ground or an established company having a hard time getting your customers to convert, keyword research is a vital step in the development of an SEO campaign. Make sure that you have your audience targeted and that you know how to reach them. You will not gain their business if you are not visible to your target audience.
For more information on how Apogee can help you and your business succeed, please contact one of our sales representatives today!