ICYMI: On April 24, Google made the latest update to its algortihm, and named it Penguin. SEOs can only assume they did so after the Batman character, rather than the penguins Morgan Freeman told us all about. Why? Well, let’s just say some webmasters have seen some less than desired results thanks to Google’s latest algo update.
So how do you know if you have Penguinitis?
- Has your traffic dropped since April 24?
- Has your revenue dropped since April 24?
- Has your percentage of traffic from Google dropped as an overall percentage?
- Do most of your backlinks go to your homepage?
- Have you been doing SEO since 2005? The same way?
- Is your website overoptimized?
If you answered yes to a majority of these questions, there’s a good chance you might have Penguinitis. Our clients, overall, have been incredibly lucky and haven’t seen any negative effects thanks to Google’s latest algorithm, but we’ve heard stories from webmasters and other agencies who’s clients HAVE been hit–and hard. If you find that your website is suffering from any of these maladies, feel free to contact us–we would love to help you cure your Penguinitis so that you can get back on the road and generating revenue.