Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategist Job Description:
The Search Engine Optimization Strategist will work with their clients and an account manager to audit the client’s existing SEO and social activities. Based on this audit, the SEO Strategist will define the program’s goals, strategies and tactics.
The SEO Strategist will identify target keywords, and will provide on-page and off-page recommendations for SEO coding, structure, content, social and linking best practices. The Strategist will track and report on the success of the engagement, providing monthly optimization recommendations. This role does not include design or development implementation.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of conducting SEO optimization recommendations for clients, either in-house, on a consultant basis or as part of an agency. This is a client-facing position.
The SEO Strategist is not responsible for new business development activities. They are responsible, along with the Account Manager, for the success of their clients’ campaigns and for achieving top client satisfaction ratings. The client’s SEO results are directly tied to the SEO Strategist’s quarterly and annual reviews.
This position requires a candidate that excels in client service, SEO knowledge, data analysis, project management, and balancing established processes with creative thinking.
Successful applicants will be proactive, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic. The SEO Strategist is a professional that wants to work in client-success focused, team oriented environment.
This position will be located in our corporate offices in Austin, Texas.
- Achieve success for your clients in your assigned book of business. Help your clients achieve the goals, set new ones, and become better and smarter online marketers.
- Define customized SEO and social strategies to meet your clients’ unique needs.
- Analyze lead or sales performance data, rankings data, crawl logs, and site analysis tools to identify opportunities for search engine optimization. Communicate these recommendations to the client as necessary in order to achieve the client’s goals.
- Create and review detailed campaign performance data and future looking strategic roadmaps.
- Collaborate with other teams, including analytics, conversion consulting, creative, and paid search.
- Minimum 3 – 8 years of SEO work experience.
- Technical understanding of SEO best practices, internet technologies including HTML.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with web SEO analytic applications and/or analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics, WebTrends or ClickTracks) is a plus.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across different teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, Math, Linguistics, English, or Economics preferred.
To apply for this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SEO Strategist” in the subject line. No calls please.
***Only U.S. candidates are being considered at this time, please do not send in a resume if you reside outside of the U.S.